Friday, February 27, 2009

Seriously? What happened...

So, I was just curious, has anyone else experienced post pregnancy brain loss? I seriously can't believe how many things I forget and how many things I do and then think, did I really just do that? Like how I went to go kiss Glenn goodbye this morning and as I went to kiss him, I stuck my tongue out. What? I know...what in the world? For a moment my brain was thinking that that is how you kiss goodbye. OR like how I went to Target and got trapped in the dollar bin aisle, there was another cart on one side and the aisle was on the other so I couldn't get by, so instead of saying "Excuse me" and push my way through, I try to pick my cart up and push it over hers. She turned to me and said, "Oh....you don't need to do that ma'am I can move" and moved her cart. OR how I went to make oatmeal cranberry walnut cookies and realized I forgot the eggs, but then once I added the eggs, I remembered that I forgot the flour mixture too. Or how I found two (unused) nursing pads in the pantry one day on top of a can of soup. Or how I will turn the kitchen sink on and then walk away and not come back for awhile. These situations only name a few....but seriously....what happened? This kind of stuff happens ALL the time!

11 comments:

Megan said...

You are too funny!! I think we all lose a few brain cells in pregnancy. I forget stuff ALL the time... it drives me crazy!

Jen said...

I am laughing out loud at this! I agree 100% with you: pregnancy and kids kill brain cells. I forget SO much and don't know how wisdom is supposed to come with age, I swear I'm dumber now than ever. I'm going to have to write down some of my goofy moves to share with you!

Anonymous said...

Times that by four and we can talk! :)

shelly said...

I totally understand. I finished writing a thank you card and decided to read it---good thing, I found that I didn't write the words I thought I did. The card made no sense at all. Then I would go to write another card and do the same thing. I really went through a ton of "thank you" cards before I got it right. I am still suffering from major brain loss.

RuSty and LaLa said...

I don't think you can blame this on anything about the pregnancy or the baby. This sounds like a Kirsten thing. My favorite is the nursing pads. You never know. Maybe it would be good in the soup.

Tiffany J said...

Oh my gosh that's hilarous! I had that during my pregnancy with Brady but so far so good with Ashton. ha ha I'll keep my fingers crossed! I love the Target cart experience...who would have thought? Super strength? ha ha

I'm glad you have a blog! I'll add you to my list!

Tiffany J said...

ok crossing fingers didn't work. Check out my post! ha ha

Mia said...

OH my gosh! you had me LAUGHING out loud just now.... i love it! i think my favorite is between "licking" glenn good bye and the cart at target...

we need to hang out!

Kendyl said...

Totally understand...and mine is only getting WORSE! At least we have an excuse, right? Think about all those people that have no excuse. Poor them!

Unknown said...

I think every mom can relate to you on this. It is so sad but yet so true. Another hit we have to take for the team. :)

So glad you are blogging. Fun to catch up with you guys!

trueblue said...

tell me about it! it wasn't 'til i was in the teacher's lounge at work and 6 months pregnant 'til all the women proceeded to tell me all the strange things that come with having a baby. my eyes kept getting bigger and bigger as they told me about all the changes that take place. at the end, they said "well we couldn't tell you these things before you got pregnant". now you know why people who have already have kids get SO excited when they find out you are pregnant. you are part of the club now, and there's no turning back...(i heard you have an excuse for at least a year and 1/2)